Jewel ( formerly BREEZES) RUNAWAY BAY UNDERGOES $20 MILLION EXPANSION & RENOVATION
New Rooms, Suites, Swimming Pools, Wedding Gazebos, Spa, and Restaurants in the Offing at this Jamaican Super-Inclusive
Breezes Runaway Bay is now open after a US$20 million expansion that added new suites and amenities at this Super-Inclusive resort, located on Jamaica’s north shore. A SuperClubs Super-Inclusive Resort since 1984, Breezes targets honeymooners, singles, couples, and families with teenagers, and offers unparalleled vacations for sport lovers, particularly windsurfers, scuba divers and golfers at the resort’s 18-hole PGA championship golf course.
This expansion brings the number of restaurants to five; swimming pools to three; suites with private plunge pools to 40; and adds 32 keys raising the total room count at Breezes Runaway Bay to 266 rooms and suites. Among the exciting new features are:
- On the western beach of this 155-acre property, a brand new low-rise room block will be built with 30 oceanfront rooms and suites, including six one bedroom suites and eight verandah suites with private plunge pools. In addition, in the eastern courtyard, 30 gardenview rooms will be expanded and transformed into 30 verandah suites, boasting private plunge pools.
- Two of SuperClubs’ signature restaurants, serving Japanese and Jamaican cuisine will be added. Munasan is casually elegant with a sushi bar and Teppanyaki stations, where chefs cook dinners to order. The beachfront Reggae Café serves Caribbean fare and Jamaican specialties for all day and evening dining. These restaurants will round out Breezes’ dining options that currently include Italian fine dining, continental buffet restaurant and the Starlight Grill.
- Two freshwater swimming pools will complement Breezes’ main pool. One pool will be located in front of the new oceanfront room block, while the second will be built along the eastern beach, with a swim-up bar and misting pool.
- For the important destination wedding market, two exotic wedding gazebos are being added. The beachside wedding gazebo takes advantage of a tranquil seaside setting, while the garden gazebo is set among aromatic tropical foliage.
- A revamped full-service spa will be added and re-branded as part of a new signature line of Bamboo Spas at SuperClubs Resorts, featuring the signature three-hour “Bamboo Spa Package” at $380 per person, which includes four enticing treatments: Island Coffee Mint Glo, Tropical Body Mousse, 60-minute Bamboo Massage and Tropical Fruit Facial.
- The lobby area is being revamped with skylights and a vibrant welcoming layout, alongside a new piano bar; and two new meeting rooms sum up the planned upgrades.